Mike Jones New Album Voice of The Streets

“I speak for the people,” Jones explains about his choice of album title. “Everybody whose voice is important in their community and the game, they consider themselves a voice. My voice is very relevant in this game. I let them know my voice is still being heard and listened to by people in the streets.” Mike Jones

Check out the lead single below. Drop and Gimme 50 featuring Hurricane Chris. "Voice of The Streets" features all new tracks.

DJ Smurf a.k.a. Mr. Collipark, producer for multiple Ying Yang Twins singles including “Wait (The Whisper Song)” collaborates with Jones on a few of his hot new songs, including the hypnotic first single, “Drop and Gimme 50” and the insanely catchy and hilarious MySpace-leaked joint, “Crunchin’ Munch.” On this classic weed cut, the South’s most lovable rhymesayer pays homage to the sweet snack he loves to eat while puffing.

Jones continues to flaunt his newfound success on “Anything But Broke,” produced by DJ Toomp (T.I., Kanye West). He serenades the ladies with the seductively sweet “Next To You,” crafted by J.R. Rotem (Snoop, Britney Spears), and beatsmiths Usual Suspects lace Jones with another ode to honeys, “Cuddy Buddy” featuring fellow Southern rap star Lil’ Wayne, Twista and a soulful hook from R&B artist T-Pain.

“I love the female songs,” shares Jones. “Mike Jones is one of many. I’m not nailed into one stereotype. Mike Jones can make all music. He’s not afraid to open up and let the world know who he is. I’m going to let you know the ups and downs of Mike Jones. Voice of the Streets is how I wanted my first album, Who Is Mike Jones ? to be. Now you can see my writing skills that I wrote for Lil’ Mo and LeToya Luckett. You will really be able to see another side to Mike Jones.

Despite the obvious odds stacked against him and the obstacles in his path, hip-hop’s hardest working MC overcame them all to become one of the most recognizable voices in rap music. “Nobody believed in me,” he tells. “They told me I couldn’t do it. I had to turn a negative into a positive. That’s what I did. I had to show the world that if you work and play and grind like me, you can turn any negative situation into a positive situation.”

Aided by a confident, charismatic flow, Mike Jones exploded onto the national scene in 2005 with his block-bending break out single, “Still Tippin’” and follow-up smash, “Back Then.” Introducing the world to Texas culture, Mike Jones went on to sell 1.5 million units of his Warner Bros/Asylum Records debut, Who Is Mike Jones ?

“I’m going to rep Houston forever,” he states. “We’ve always had the torch. The media just came and got on to what we were doing in 05’. We’ve been doing this for a long time, though”

Music isn’t the only scene Mike Jones has managed to infiltrate. He also runs two charity organizations, Ice Age for Kids and American Dream Foundation, and is the proud proprietor of one of Houston’s most popular nightclubs. “Club Ice Age gets celebrities in there every Sunday,” he says with pride. “Eva Pigford, Vivica Fox, Vida Guerra, Morris Chestnutt, Tracy McGrady and Meagan Good. You can see why I call myself the Mayor.”

No comments: