Alchemist Explains Prodigy's Penitentiary Philosophy, Refutes Illness Rumors

Despite being in the middle of serving a three year sentence for weapons possession [click to read], Mobb Deep's Prodigy has continued to make headlines. In addition to blogging for several media outlets, P has been sounding off on everything from his disdain of Jay-Z [click to read] to his thoughts on politics. While speaking exclusively with RealRapnewz Prodigy's friend and frequent collaborator, Alchemist, gave his take on the situation.

"There was some talk on the Internet about him being sick or something, and that’s just nonsense," Al tells RealRapNewz. "He’s actually healthier than I’ve seen him in a long time. I went to see him a bunch of times, and we send letters back and forth to keep in touch. His son is my little homie; I take him skateboarding and stay in touch with the family. P’s holding it down. Last time I saw him he was looking kinda brolic, like he’s been in there doing his push ups."

As far as P's take on world events, Alchemist believes there's a method to the madness, saying, "There’s nothing he wouldn’t imagine as a possibility, and he’s educated. He’s the type of guy who reads a lot, and he’s non-biased. So I give him credit—it’s not like he’s just speaking out the side of his neck."

When asked if Prodigy's world views influenced him to name is new EP [click to read] after the controversial Alchemist's Cookbook, the always in-demand producer explained his own formula for interpreting world events.

"I stay aware of everything," Al says. "I'm probably more leery than him. I check everything out, and I take everything with a grain of salt. I keep an open mind and read stuff. The truest thing is that ignorance is bliss. A lot of people aren't equipped to process a lot of the info that's out there, as far as the necessary evils of this world are concerned. That's when people start bugging out and falling down the rabbit hole. Next thing you know, you're looking at them like, 'This guy is out of his mind

No comments: