Crazy Like A Foxxx Sees Re-Release

Freddie Foxxx's long awaited Crazy Like A Foxxx album is finally seeing the light of day. Fat Beats records is preparing to drop the shelved classic on July 29th of this year. The 1994 Freddie Foxxx sophomore release was mysteriously shelved by the label after promotional cassettes and vinyl were sent to radio and press. The existing copies of the album have been fetching serious $$$ on ebay and at trade shows for the last fourteen years - and it has achieved an almost cult like following amongst rare hip hop record collectors and diggers alike.

According to their article: "The initial 1993 demo version of Crazy Like A Foxxx features production exclusively from D.I.T.C.'s Showbiz, Lord Finesse and Buckwild. As an added treat for listeners, Fat Beats and Foxxx have included these unheard versions on the bonus disc of the two CD set, also available digitally. The emcee, who released his debut album in 1989, added, "The D.I.T.C. version got turned down by Flavor Unit. I actually liked it better, but I had to go and produce [the album] myself, and that was the [version] they accepted. A lot of emails and MySpace blogs were comin' in about how people liked the Crazy Like A Foxxx album. I was [thinking] I don't know how they like it if it was never put out. Somebody leaked it on a cassette, and people were just listening to the raggedy old, nasty-soundin' cassette version. I said, 'You know what? Let me just put it out.' It's really about the fans all day."

No comments: